Shilla: Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Development

4 posters

Go down

Game Development Empty Game Development

Post  Postage Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Yesterday (August 12, 2011) I finally got to speak with Cz about Shilla. He decided to allow me to help him in game development. He already has a storyline laid out for the game. In order for me to get my "feet wet" he has assigned me to complete the Mountain Path area. The layout and creatures were already there, all I was intended to do was make some quests, possible drops, possible new weapons, and armors. After this is completed I believe Cz will allow me to adjust information and add new content to the smaller areas that we all play in. There are pre-existing formulas and information that I will not be able to deviate from in order to keep players from growing at a crazy rate like they did in the Beta and other versions of Shilla. I just wanted to let you all know that there is now an active game developer.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Game Development Empty Re: Game Development

Post  Cthulu Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:01 pm

*Claps excitedly* This is wonderful... Glad you got the chance for sure!

Cthulu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:53 pm

Just to update everyone. There has been a few new weapons added as well as a few new pieces of armor. I am trying find ways to make the mage class more playable without having to be a hybrid. I have added a good bit of content to the Mountain area (for the few people able to play there). I have also added a few new quests in Shilla Town. I would appreciate any and all feed back. I will add another update as soon as there is more content added.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Alacazam Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Awesome, can't wait to get to the new content! Smile

Alacazam

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:27 pm

I am currently working on an area that would be next after the Mountain area. So far there are several different layers to it. I am hoping to have Cz upload the pictures for me this week so that I can have it open sometime next week. This area will include new weapons.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:59 pm

The issue with the death hammer not being an upgrade to the superior dagger has been corrected. I spent nearly an hour today analyzing the attacks from both of them and I am positive that the Death Hammer damage wise is an upgrade.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:39 am

I am working hard to have a new area out this week. It is most-likely going to have to be a location that is already stored in the database (i.e. areas that were in the beta that are not out now). If Cz gets my pictures uploaded then there will be a completely new area with brand new never before seen creatures. Either way there will be a new area opening this week sometime. Be on the lookout for its location. There also will be a new item drop and new quests to go along with the area.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Today I have been adding content for Mage's. In an attempt to make them more playable. There are more mage related quests and items being added to the game.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:29 pm

I am sorry to say that the armor spell is not going to be implemented. Cz looked into the spell for me and there is no way to keep it from accumulating when you cast it over and over. Cz recommended that I add armor buffs to the armor. We already have that with the Dwarven Mithril Chest. I will continue to look in a new spell to replace the Armor Buff.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Cthulu Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Well... how did the Magic Shield spell get implemented in previous shilla? Maybe it was based on a percentage? or would that still be stackable also? There has got to be some way of putting a time limit on how soon you can recast it... or a check to see if it is alraedy cast on a player. However, this sounds like hardcoding to me tho. *Shrug* maybe need MT or Clark...

Bright idea... for temporary implementation. Have it reduce your mana pool to less than what the spell costs to recast it, until the buff wears off. ^_^ That possible? So if spell costs 150 mana to cast, you get the buff from casting it and your maximum mana pool is now reduced to 149 or lower... (Something to where you could still cast a Town Teleport or sumthin if things got bad, for instance out of food in the Castle or whatnot).

Cthulu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nousey Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm

There were talks in chat today about the armour spell, and Stev came up with something that seemed good in theory. I have no idea on the programming side of things though, so it might be harder than I think Smile

Basically, a spell that is along the lines of mana/life = armour for pure mages. That way, the more life you have, the weaker the spell. If it is possible to put a cap on it also, of say 40% armour or something, it could work well.

As I said though, I have no idea on the programming side of things Smile

nousey

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea. I will have to forward it to Ct or Mt I don't have the ability to change any of the programming code. I honestly have not looked much more into spells since I had to take the armor spell out. I have been busy in RL dealing with crap. I should be back to playing tonight though.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:33 pm

After talking with a few players that were online today, I believe that I am going to begin working on an exchange quest for the game. The individual quests will be available once daily. The item received will be based on the difficulty of obtaining the items to be traded it. Some items will only be available through the exchange while others will be available to be purchased (already and in future areas).

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:39 am

This week I would like to add some more content and new ideas to the game. I am also going to be working on getting a new area in the game, this area will probably not be up until next week some time though. I would like to thank everyone for the ideas about new designs for the game.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:32 pm

The Admin was able to upload a few pictures for me for the new area I have been working on. I am going to work very hard to have this area open Monday, September 19th. There will be new quests and drops for this area. I also hope to have a few new ideas I have been working on implemented at least partially.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:23 pm

As I promised Magicast when he was able to get green armor I would add some new armor to be forged. It has been added to the game. There are three item ingredients in all of the forge combos for the new armor, and of course one is the green armor of its kind.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:23 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that I increased the damage that all of the creatures do in the pirate area. I have also added a few new things to that area. I am going to start working on a new area next week (October 3rd). I am not sure if I am going to create an entire new area or use one that has been in the game in the past. Either way more than likely I am going to have to get the Admin or Cz to load pictures for the area. I do not know how long this might take. I do not want to open a new area without pictures.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 pm

I have added several new drops to the game. These drops so far are for players on the Mountain and beyond so far. I am currently working on new forges for armor. This may delay my designing of a new area by a week or so. Around 15 new armor forges should be in the game by the start of new week.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Cthulu Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:25 am

EPIC!

Cthulu
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:53 pm

All of the forges are now in the game. I will have a new gem that is used in some of these forges put in the game around 7:30 p.m. Shilla time tonight. Their will not be any restrictions to use any of these armors because of how difficult it is to gather all of the needed materials and the forge location.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:15 pm

I have gotten all new forges and armors in the game. I have looked back at the max hits for the pirate area and have adjusted them down.

I have started working on two new areas while I am waiting on either HardCz or The Admin to load my new pictures for these areas. I will begin writing the quests, designing drops, and assigning creature information for these areas at the first of next week (October 17th).

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Postage Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 am

The site Admin. gave me the permissions to upload pictures, so we will no longer have to wait on new pictures. I have finished a new area and will be opening it up in the next day or so. I should have a second area opened late this weekend. I will be writing new quests and installing new drops (jewelry, food, misc) to these area as well.

If anyone has any idea on new areas please feel free to voice them. I am always looking for new ideas.

Thank you Magicast for all of your input.
Thank you Kafziel for all your work on Ct's wiki.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  nousey Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 am

Woo, that's awesome man Very Happy Keep up the great work Smile

nousey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down