Shilla: Redemption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spelling / Grammar Errors

2 posters

Go down

Spelling / Grammar Errors Empty Spelling / Grammar Errors

Post  Assassin Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Hey, just gonna use this thread to report spelling / grammar/ punctuation errors I've found in-game. There are a lot in the Mayor's dialogue (which I can't access again), but I'll update as I find 'em.

I'll post in a format like this:
[AREA]
[Original Text]
[Corrected Text]
----

FOUNTAIN
You lay back aganst the fountain and soon fall into a deep slumber. Awakening hours later, you find yourself refreshed and ready for battle once again.
You lie back against the fountain and soon fall into a deep slumber. Awakening hours later, you find yourself refreshed and ready for battle once again.

MAGE HALL
Our food storage has nearly ran dry from all of the Mage's using so much food to regain their mana while fighting.
Our food storage has nearly run dry from all of the Mages using so much food to regain their mana while fighting.
(Note: "has run" is still a little awkward, apparently; "ran" is preferred. I say "has run" is good enough.)

MAGE HALL
Hello young Apprentice. let me know what you need.
Hello, young Apprentice. Let me know what you need.

TOWN CENTRAL BANK OF GOODS
We'll keep your stuff safe. Just put it in the box
We'll keep your stuff safe. Just put it in the box.

TOWN CRIER
You see carved in a post "Aarilax was here"
You see carved in a post "Aarilax was here."

TOWN CRIER
Wanted King CrabBring back head for reward. [Accept Quest: Kill crab]
Wanted: King Crab. Bring back head for reward. [Accept Quest: Kill crab.]
(Note: The last period isn't technically necessary, but because most of the other "Accept Quest" prompts have periods at the end, I added this one, too.)

HAUNTED HOUSE
Bottles float in the water flooding the floor.
Bottles float in the water, flooding the floor.

HAUNTED HOUSE
There's a small window here leading up to the roof
There's a small window here leading up to the roof.

HAUNTED HOUSE
Wonder who this is a statue of
Wonder who this is a statue of?
(Note: Since this ends in a preposition, something that ends with a verb like "Wonder who this statue resembles?" is more correct.)

FOREST DIRT PATH
You see a dirth path ahead of you.
You see a dirt path ahead of you.

FOREST DIRT PATH
You hear the sound of the ocean
You hear the sound of the ocean.

FOREST CLIFF BASE
you are at the base of a towering clif
You are at the base of a towering cliff.

FOREST CLIFF FACE
It is a rocky path ahead
It is a rocky path ahead.
(Note: Or something more active, like "A rocky path extends before you.")

FOREST TREE
You are surrounded by trees
You are surrounded by trees.

CLIFFS
You are at the Cliff: Top of cliff.
You are at the Cliff: Top of Cliff.

CLIFFS
If you look over the side you see the town
If you look over the side, you can see the town.

CLIFFS
You see a sign up ahead
You see a sign up ahead.

CLIFFS
you read the sign.."Watch Falling Rocks" A huge boulder falls on your headYou can travel West.
You read the sign: "Watch Falling Rocks." A huge boulder falls on your head. You can travel West.
(Note: The last part of this is also spaced incorrectly on-screen.)

-----
EATING FOOD
It taste like chicken
It tastes like chicken.

ITEM
Hawk Tallon
Hawk Talon

Assassin

Back to top Go down

Spelling / Grammar Errors Empty Re: Spelling / Grammar Errors

Post  Postage Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 pm

I have fixed several of the issues. Thank you for your help; it is greatly appreciated. Please post any other issues you see. I will continue to work on correcting the ones you have listed. It does take a while to correct them as I have to go page to page to correct each mistake.

Postage

Back to top Go down

Post  Assassin Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Some more:

CABIN
Warloc
Warlock

CABIN
The warloc is starting to show his age.
The warlock is starting to show his age.

QUEST PROMPT - MAGICAL UNICORN WANDS
Please go collected enough unicorn horns to make use ten new weapons.
Please go collect enough unicorn horns to make ten new weapons.

Few more with the new quests Postage put up in general, but I forgot to note them before I did them. Meh.

Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Assassin Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:02 am

MAYOR
There has been recent talk of a new Village being discovered. The problem is the path is block by a strong foe. Can you please look into this matter further for me.
There has been recent talk of a new Village being discovered. The problem is the path is blocked by a strong foe. Can you please look into this matter further for me?

MAYOR
Please take these are a token of my appreciation. It seems the people are friendly enough Possible you can help negotiate a trade agreement with them later for the Town of Shilla.
Please take these as a token of my appreciation. It seems the people are friendly enough. Possibly, you can help negotiate a trade agreement with them later for the Town of Shilla.

TOWN - NORTH GATE GUARD
There is some rogue rangers runing through the mountains. Go and hunt them down.
There are some rogue rangers running through the mountains. Go and hunt them down.

TOWN - TAVERN
What is this! We are all out of drinks. This can not be happening. You yes you the ugly one can you lend a hand. I promise you will be handsomely rewarded.
What is this!? We are all out of drinks. This can not be happening. You, yes, you, the ugly one -- can you lend a hand? I promise you will be handsomely rewarded.

TOWN - TAVERN
How can we provide a service to the good people of Shilla with no inventory.
How can we provide a service to the good people of Shilla with no inventory?

DWARVEN VILLAGE - BONZO'S BAR
Welcome to Bonzo's hun
Welcome to Bonzo's, hun.

DWARVEN VILLAGE - BONZO'S BAR
Don't drink that all at once
Don't drink that all at once.

MOUNTAIN SIDE - PATH
You are at the Mountain side: Path.
You are at the Mountain Side: Path.

MOUNTAIN SIDE - PATH
It looks like a steap climb from here
It looks like a steep climb from here.
---
ENEMY
Dwarf Waiteress
Dwarf Waitress

CLASS
Reknowned Leader
Renowned Leader

Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Assassin Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:34 am

Ugggh, Postage, spell check. This is pretty bad.

TOWN - NORTH GATE
That should put a stop to there activities for awhile.
That should put a stop to their activities for a while.

DWARVEN VILLAGE
Stranger you need to be careful around here. Your presence or that of your town is not welcome here, we keep to ourselves. The others believe you to be an omen of destruction, but I believe you can help breath life into this old boring village. We can not talk here. Please meet me a the far end of the village in a dark place to discuss what we can do to change the minds or the others. Please hurry!
Stranger, you need to be careful around here. Your presence - or that of your town - is not welcome here. We keep to ourselves. The others believe you to be an omen of destruction, but I believe you can help breathe life into this old boring village. We can not talk here. Please meet me at the far end of the village in a dark place to discuss what we can do to change the minds of the others. Please hurry!

DWARVEN VILLAGE
[Are you ready to here my suggestions?]
[Are you ready to hear my suggestions?]

DWARVEN VILLAGE
I have managed to soften the Dwarven Armorer, he is willing to here you out and make his own opinion of you. It has taken a lot of work behind close doors to get you this meeting please do not mess this up. After you have convinced the Armorer of your good intentions please come back and speak with me. Good luck!
I have managed to soften the Dwarven Armorer; he is willing to hear you out and make his own opinion of you. It has taken a lot of work behind closed doors to get you this meeting. Please do not mess this up. After you have convinced the Armorer of your good intentions, please come back and speak with me. Good luck!

DWARVEN VILLAGE - ARMOR SHOP
It is knows Dwarves make the best armor!
It is known Dwarves make the best armor!

DWARVEN VILLAGE
After hearing what great work you did for the Armorer the Weapon Smith told me he would be willing to talk with you. As long as you can continue to impress my people with your deeds you will gain the trust of all my people in no time. Please hurry over to the Weapon Smith. Good luck. [Accept Quest: Are you ready to continue proofing yourself?]
After hearing what great work you did for the Armorer, the Weapon Smith told me he would be willing to talk with you. As long as you can continue to impress my people with your deeds you will gain the trust of all my people in no time. Please hurry over to the Weapon Smith. Good luck. [Accept Quest: Are you ready to continue proving yourself?]

DWARVEN VILLAGE
I have heard from the Armorer of my village that you are a strong warrior. I need for you to go into the caves west of here and take care of a few creatures for me. Why don't I do it myself you ask? That is easy enough because I am not the one that has something to prove now am I?
I have heard from the Armorer of my village that you are a strong warrior. I need for you to go into the caves west of here and take care of a few creatures for me. Why don't I do it myself, you ask? That is easy enough. I am not the one that has something to prove, now am I?

Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum